Small Business IT Solutions throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania
Velocity Network has been providing professional IT Support for businesses in and around Erie, Pennsylvania since 1990. We strive to give our clients Enterprise-level services and solutions at prices that work for small businesses. Time and experience has helped us develop best practices and workflow procedures around a proactive philosophy designed to keep your focus on your business, not your technology.
Our team of experts can become your outsourced IT department; responding to issues quickly, often before you even know about them. Covering everything from your servers and network infrastructure, to your computers, workstations and mobile devices, we provide end-to-end solutions for all of your technology needs.
With Velocity Network as your outsourced IT partner, you will experience:
- Less Downtime - Faster resolution leads to more productivity
- Fewer Day-to-day Issues - Proactive maintenance prevents issues in general
- More Opportunities - And more time in the day to take advantage of them
- Flat-Rate IT Budget - Know your IT expenses ahead of time, your accounting department will thank you!
- Infrastructure Protection - Keep your network and devices safe and secure
- Business Continuity - Through backup and disaster recovery methods and best practices
- A Good Night's Sleep - Knowing your business is in good hands 24x7.
Not sure where to begin, or even if Velocity Network is a good fit for your organization? Contact us to learn more about how we can help move your business forward.
Windows XP support is coming to an end in 2014 - Is your organization prepared?
3 IN 5 COMPANIES ARE STILL USING WINDOWS XP and are not prepared for Microsoft dropping security updates. On APRIL 8, 2014 Microsoft support for Windows XP ends. Is your company prepared for the Windows XP End of Support deadline?
What does 'End of Support' Mean?
An unsupported version of Windows will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update. These include security updates that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, which can steal your personal information. Windows Update also installs the latest software updates to improve the reliability of Windows—new drivers for your hardware and more.
What are the risks that businesses face by staying on Windows XP?
Since there will be no scheduled security patches from next April, companies continuing to run Windows XP face the risk of targeted hacking attacks. SMBs are often targeted because they lack sufficient protection, and cybercriminals sometimes use them as a stepping stone to larger targets. 2012 saw a 30 percent increase in Web-based attacks, and it's possible many of these used the compromised website of a small business to attack a larger organization (Symantec study, 2012).
Are there hidden costs to staying on Windows XP after the end of support date?
Yes, staying on Windows XP after the end of support date means paying for:
- Virtualizing the entire OS to remain compliant with the Microsoft end user license agreement (EULA) (Valid while there's Server 2003 support available)
- Running XP in a sandboxed environment
- Mobile Device Management
- Increased IT Support
Contact Velocity Network today at 814-833-9111 x450 or via our contact form to discuss your options to migrate from Windows XP to a supported Windows operating system.